- Hello to all..
- ..Severe Weather Outbreak and Flash Flood Event over Connecticut, South-Central Rhode Island and Southeast Massachusetts Friday Afternoon August 10th, 2012..
..NWS Taunton Forecasters have determined an EF1 Microburst occurred in Glastonbury, Connecituct and an EF1 Microburst occurred in Taunton, Massachusetts. In both areas, Amateur Radio and non-Amateur Radio SKYWARN Reports were received in the areas of significant damage..
..A complex of storms known as a Mesoscale Convective Vortex (MCV) affected the region bringing damaging winds, heavy rain and flood/flash flooding to portions of the region..
..Any pictures of damage can be sent as a reply to this email or to firstname.lastname@example.org and credit will be given to the spotter for the pictures and shared with local/state/federal emergency management and the media unless otherwise indicated..
..A HUGE THANK YOU to all SKYWARN Spotters and Amateur Radio Operators who supported this severe weather outbreak event on Friday 8/10/12..
..Below is the updated NWS Taunton Local Storm Report, Rainfall Reports via the NWS Taunton Public Information Statement, Public Information Statements on the Micorbursts in Taunton, Mass and Glastonbury, CT and the raw storm report log..
- NWS Taunton Local Storm Report:
/ /www.wx1box.org /local /lsr_8_10_12.txt
- NWS Taunton Public Information Statement – Glastonbury, CT Storm Survey Information:
/ /www.wx1box.org /local /pns_8_10_12_Glastonbury.txt
- NWS Taunton Public Information Statement – Taunton, Mass Storm Survey Information:
/ /www.wx1box.org /local /pns_8_10_12_Taunton.txt
- NWS Taunton Public Information Statement – Rainfall Reports:
/ /www.wx1box.org /local /pns_8_10_12_rainfall.txt
- NWS Taunton Raw Amateur Radio Storm Report Log:
/ /www.wx1box.org /local /storm_reports_8_10_12.txt
- Respectfully Submitted,
- Robert Macedo (KD1CY)
ARES SKYWARN Coordinator
Eastern Massachusetts ARES Section Emergency Coordinator
Home Phone #: (508) 994-1875 (After 6 PM)
Home/Data #: (508) 997-4503 (After 6 PM)
Work Phone #: 508-346-2929 (8 AM-5 PM)
Email Address: email@example.com