Russell – Huntington US 20 Road closed

Today was not my  day at all. nothing went right all day. from work to the time i got out of work and even to getting gas and getting home. On  my way home when i got into Russell right where you turn to go to Otis, Ma First there was a DPW worker there telling every one to turn to head to Otis but not telling any one there was some kind of detour. When he told me that i was just about ready to run  out of gas. Just behind the DPW worker was the gas station I was going to. I could not find the road he was telling me to find so i came back by this time my gas light was on so i went back to the gas station back in westfield. once i got gas in  westfield and headed back to the DPW worker the DPW worker was replaced by a state cop. I went back up the road to Otis but be now they had the Detour signs out so i did find the streed after all ond made it home but it took a good hour to go 5 miles. I still have no idea why the road was closed. No one would tell you that but there was a sign way back at the gas station I was able to get gas at that read. “Accident Ahead” Weather or not that sign was true is another story.

9 Responses to Russell – Huntington US 20 Road closed

1. Pingback:Anety

2. It’s truly a great and useful piece of info. I’m happy that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

3. on 9/18/10 – 01:51PM

I feel your pain Westfield Neighbor.

4. said on 9/18/10 – 11:18AM

The other thing you may be able to do a blog on it the center of Westfield. I live in Westfield and have family out in Huntington and tring to get through Westfield and the Westfield routery takes forever everything is torn up. all down rt 20 in Westfield. Not they have closed the routery and are sending everyone down the side streets. I bet the people that live on those streets love that. O and the people that live on rt 20 love having the big earth movers on there front lawn along with all the water pipes. I can’t wait till it is all done. It looks like it will be awhile like a few years.

5. 4. Sara said on 9/18/10 – 11:16AM

6. said on 9/18/10 – 11:13AM

I was on my was home from Huntington Last night and I also got stuck in that Detour. They had me go down Blandford Stage Road. It came out on Blandford road and i had to take a left had head back down the mountain. When i was there the detour signs where out so that helped it would have been hard with out them it is just to dark out there with no street lights to see the street signs. From what i get from your post it sounds like you came from the other direction. Coming from that way with no signs is almost Impossible to find the street to take you back to rt 20 unless you know the area and even then being so dark it still hard. The other thing you may be able to do a blog on it the center of Westfield. I live in Westfield and have famile out in Huntington and tring to get through Westfield and the Westfield routery takes forever everything is torn up. all down rt 20 in Westfield. Not they have closed the routery and are sending everyone down the side streets. I bet the people that live on those streets love that. O and the people that live on rt 20 love having the big earth movers on there front lawn along with all the water pipes. I can’t wait till it is all done. It looks like it will be awhile like a few years.

7. said on 9/18/10 – 10:57AM

It looked Like it Was an Accident This morning I Was on Rt 20 and it was open but it looked like there was glass and ether a soda or beer can on the side of the road just past the State Police Barracks. Still i heard nothing on the news. I guess they don’t report much news in this area. Mark from Lee, MA

8. said on 9/17/10 – 11:21PM

Sorry I was not able to call you back. I did not know you had such a bad day. I had a crazy day also but I don’t think it was as bad as yours. I have had days like yours. but not for awile. You told me in your message you have not had a day like time in a very long time. How long has it been? You can tell me tomorrow when we get together. I hope we still can. I have two shifts at work tomorrow but i will try to work something in. We will also have to make plans for the Big E this year. Today was the first day of it so we till have to go before the last on on October 3rd. Well you have a good night i hope you have a better day tomorrow. Night,

9. Sorry I Was Not able to call you back. I did not know you had such a bad day. I had a crazy day also but I don’t think it was as bad as yours. I have had days like yours. but not for awile. You told me in your message you have not had a day like time in a very long time. How long has it been? You can tell me tomorrow when we get together. I hope we still can. I have two shifts at work tomorrow but i will try to work something in. We will also have to make plans for the Big E this year. Today was the first day of it so we till have to go before the last on on October 3rd. Well you have a good night i hope you have a better day tomorrow. Night